Sunday 26 July 2009

Still in Serbia




I had been planning on heading through the Carpathians on the Romanian side of the Danube but I've been enjoying Serbia so much I decided to carry on here. Decision was aided by new maps and the sudden realisation that I would be going through the series of 21 tunnels on a Sunday morning, hopefully with light traffic. Well that was the plan until some fellow campers with a bottle of rakee (homemade spirit, like grappa or Cretan raki) intervened and my early morning start dissolved like my synapses... still, twas a beautiful camp as the photo of the view from my tent shows!

3 Comments:

Blogger milos said...

it isn't rakee,it is rakija...:))...are you alive Bill?i hope you are ok...good luck.milosh from camp

4:22 pm  
Blogger Bill said...

I was barely alive the next day but am fully recovered now. Sort of. As to the spelling, well, rak-eeeeeeeeeee-argh? ;)

6:09 pm  
Blogger milos said...

'scol' men...:)) where are you now,my friend?are you pass serbia?

3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home