Friday 11 December 2009

Birthday in Diu

Took a break from the cycling to head down to the ex-Portuguese colony of Diu in Gujarat. This meant a full days travel to get there but it let me use the much vaunted Indian rail system for the first time, sampling the food and laughing in a condescending fashion at foreign names that sound faintly rude in English. Great fun.



Diu is a nice enough little place and has, or so I've been told, the cheapest beer in India which made it ideal for a birthday. Even found a half decent bottle of Indian red wine and some processed cheese slices. My cup overflowthed, but that's what having your first drink in a while leads to. Having said all that, my second attack of travellers diarrhea in a month put paid to any boozing immediately after my birthday. Shouldn't have done any on the day itself but I persevered with the power of Imodium, and a handy course of of antibiotics to start on the day after. Sigh.

Spent the rest of the time there chilling and reading, lying on beaches and taking poor qulaity photos before bussing and training back to Bundi top collect the bike again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home