Friday 29 November 2013

Hanoi to Hoa Binh

Fri 29/11/13, 82km

On reflection only one set of footwear (to whit a pair of cycling sandals) isn't really enough so before setting off today I went out to get something to wear when not on the bike, although at first it looked like this might be difficult when the first merchant just cracked up when I told him the size of shoe I was looking for.

Once that was seen to I was ready to set off, or so I thought. Being stuck on a six way highway for 10km soon left me feeling less ready however once I managed to leave it I was feeling good again. Some absolutely stunningly beautiful countryside today, although I had to join highway (Highway 6) again and I will be following it for a while. However out here it's less horrific... So far...

Bumped into a French couple on a recumbent tandem as I neared journeys end and we've ended up in the same guest house swapping tales over beer and food this evening. They've been on the road for six months now.

Anyway, should be heading generally northwards and eastwards now, towards Son La, possibly Sa Pa then double back to Dien Bien Phu and across into Laos. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home