Tuesday 22 December 2009

Agar to Omkareshaw

Heading ever southwards from the little town of Agar, the city of Ujjain was my next stop. This entailed a half days cycling followed by a half days temple seeing there.

I must say, as I meandered about the Hindu temple there I had something of a religious revelation. I really am a complete atheist... (seriously, this came to me as I went round the temple). From Ujjain it was south to Indore and beyond. First I had to get to and through Indore. Set off nice and early but I was soon fuming at the traffic, having been forced off the road a couple of times. I'd just come to conclusion that Indian drivers would be at home behind the wheel of a BMW in the UK when I saw a body rolling down the road! Oh no, some sort of accident, time to put the first aid skills to use! Ah... on closer inspection the chap was actually a rolling sadhu, with the truck drivers stopping to give money to his support wagon. The things you see from a bicycle!



After that my bad attitude to the traffic cleared although I needed the help of these gentlemen to navigate my way through Indore itself. After getting me a chai and some ciggies they then commandeered the chap on the left to guide me behind his motorbike through the traffic and onto the road to Omkareshaw. If you want to know the way ask a policeman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home