Wednesday 18 December 2013

Kuang Si Waterfalls

Tuesday 17 Dec 2013, 65km

On occasion it's struck me that when I'm on the bike touring it can all get a bit... Linear... for want of a better word. I cycle from A to B, have a wander around maybe then set off again. I see a lot en route but generally in my little corridor. In light of this I'm trying to stop a little longer in places but then explore them on the bike, break out of that cross continental attitude.

So, a nice little trip out to a local waterfall  was in order (once I'd kicked the red wine and pina colada hangover which was as bad as it sounds).

Easy enough to find, road 2501 (use www.hobomaps.com if in doubt), tootle along. There are a couple of minor hills on the way but it's easy enough cycling. Bicycle parking in 1000kip, entry 20000kip. There's also a bear sanctuary on the way in which is good. The falls themselves are good, quite dramatic. Swimming is possible but quite frankly it's nippy at the moment and I'm a wuss!

I know how he feels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home