Saturday 8 March 2014

Chum Phae to Phu Wiang

Mon 17/02/14, 83km

After the kerfuffle of the dog bite incident and following shots I rested up for a day at a nice hotel with swimming pool and the like: I was drained and operating on not much sleep at that point. Once I'd recovered a bit it was time to re examine my plans. Laos was off now, I needed to be sure I could get my boosters as I needed them (days 3, 7, 14 and 24).

Short term plan then was to aim for Udon Thani for day 3. On the way there was a dinosaur museum and park with dinosaur bones. Did I say dinosaurs? Woo-hoo, we have a winner! And only 50 kilometres.

A quick cycle up there and then I checked into a lovely little resort the Pruska Garden House Hotel where a "deluxe" cabin set me back 400 baht. I dropped my bags off and got back on the bike ready for the museum. Which was closed on a Monday. Drat. The park was open though so I spent the afternoon trekking through it looking at bones.

When I got back to my resort I gave the doctors surgery in the UK a ring. My rabies vaccination *had* expired...



Dem bones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home