Thursday 31 July 2008

All is not too rosy in the land of mobile telecoms

In my mind, a certain amount of job cuts were inevitable when we announced the creation of The Symbian Foundation. Certainly I could see reductions at the end of the year, when certain ongoing tasks will be completed. However, the recent announcement that Sony Ericsson are to shed 2000 out of 11900 positions has sent shivers through many staff here in Manchester.
"Which is all well and good," I hear you say, "but weren't you planning on leaving anyway? What about cycling to India?". True enough, I was and am making long term escape plans. However, I thought I was going to be able to choose my time, even to stick here for longer if needs be, given the current economic climate. Alas, looks like my hand might be forced. Watch this space :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Hobbes said...

Happening everywhere mate, short term thinking leading to long term losses but think of package.... you have my card if you need any advice ...

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home