Sunday 21 March 2010

Templed out in Ayutthaya

Stopped off in Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand, for a day of sightseeing. First came here in 1999 and I must say it's developed a bit more for tourism from what I can remember. Still full of incredible ruins though.



Having said that, it took me all of two hours to get templed out here. Seriously. I'm beginning to think it may be a permanent condition. I was taking a photo of a line of Buddha statues and suddenly it just wasn't worth it. I'd taken similar in India a few weeks ago, and again in Sri Lanka some years ago. As for the ruins, well, nice but after Angkor Wat the whole Khmer style is kind of done.



Although the old Buddha head in the tree roots is pretty damn cool no matter how jaded you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home