Saturday 22 March 2014

Nakhon Sawan to Singburi

Weds 26/02/14, 116km

Plan for the day was to head towards Kanchanaburi, some 250km away, and see how far I got. This is part of me swinging around Bangkok rather than going through it.

Unfortunately this meant starting out on Highway 1, which is about as much fun as it sounds. Three lanes plus shoulder either way, heavy traffic, headwind and even bloody dogs having a quick go at me! After 20km I stopped for a coke and a look at the map and decided to alter course.

After another 20km on highway 1 the road split and traffic was a lot quieter. Then once I reached the town of Chai Nat it was on to the 310, another nice quiet road shadowing the Ping once again. All in all, not a bad days cycling, started off as hard work but ended up being quite good fun. And I finally got to see the Ping (the name promises more than the river delivers).

An early night beckoned, marred only by the sodding band on a stage literally below my window playing Thai covers until 11pm. The temptation to drop a bucket of water over them... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home