Thursday 30 January 2014

Kampong Thom to Siem Reap

Fri 17/01/14, 6 whole kilometres

When I woke my ankle was no better. Some internet research indicated that the probable cause lay in my wobbly bottom bracket forcing my ankle to rotate in a less than healthy way. Of the three options (go for broke and cycle to Siem Reap in one hop, do journey over two days or get a bus) only one option looked sensible if I didn't want to risk further damaging myself. And I chose it. I must be getting old.

Once I'd decided on my course of action it should have been easy: Kampong Thom is directly on the route from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and tens of buses go through every day. Unfortunately, trying to find room for a man and bike on buses packed full when they started was problematic. All kudos to the reception staff at the hotel room who made a series of calls whilst I was at breakfast and managed to find a bus for both my bike and I.

With my bike loaded on in the aisle beside me it took a good three hours plus to get to Siem Reap. When we got there I had to gingerly cycle a little in order to find a guesthouse. Luckily, once I'd checked in, walking on the flat was OK so a little explore was in order.

Smeagol take note
My precious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home