Sunday 23 March 2014

Singburi to Kanchanaburi

Thurs 27/02/14, 163km

Today was going to be a long day so the alarm went off at 6, breakfast was at 6.30 and I was cycling by 7! Then I stopped and frigged about in a 7-11 for ages... Why?!

So, properly on the road for 7.30, not so early. It was a good days cycling though mostly on quiet roads following irrigation channels which made them flat, low traffic and away from development and dogs. Route wise it was paper maps supplemented by Google, down towards and round the town of Suphanburi then on highway 321 for the rest of the day.

When I reached Kanchanaburi I headed for the same guesthouse I stayed in last time I was here in 2010, the Pong Peng. It hasn't changed much, the room was like a coffin with air con that didn't work.

By the way, totally recommend visiting Kanchanaburi it's the site of the second world war "Death railway" of Bridge Over the River Kwai infamy. There's a lot of very sobering stuff to see and it's a good jumping off point for the region as well. Having said that as I'd spent a few days here before and my visa was ticking down this was just an overnighter for me.

Tempting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home